Return to the Entertaining Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
fundraiser

Posted by Grace (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 30, 02 at 19:18

Planning a fundraiser to raise funds for a friend who lost her home to a fire. ANY IDEAS?! TIA!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: fundraiser

sorry should give more info..we're planning a dance..hopefully getting buisnesses around her town to donate..hall, booze, food etc.

o
RE: fundraiser

How about a silent auction of some really nice prizes? and if you get enough prize donations, you can have an auction during the dance. One of the pubs here does that for the Santa Claus fund every year and raises thousands.
If it is a small town, where everyone knows everyone else well, you could have a vote for ( every vote costs $1) the best garden, the best teacher, the best butt, the nicest hair. etc.
In stead of having it catered, why not have a box social, where all the women bring a really nice picnic for two, the boxes they bring them in are decorated, and all the gentlemen bid on the boxes. The highest bid wins. In the old days, the gentleman was to eat the lunch with the lady who made it, but you could decide the buyer eats supper with his own lady.

My cousins lost their house to fire, so I know your friends loss. Good luck and God Speed.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Entertaining Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here