Return to the Entertaining Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
need ideas for a jazz party

Posted by diggerb2 (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 28, 06 at 17:18

hello,
i've been dragged into helping to plan a "all that Jazz"
themed party by my wife. my part of the planning also includes all the food prep (lucky me)

i really don't mind doing the work, but its a fund raisinf sort of thing for about 200 people that should mostly be coctail type nibbles and desserts. Other than typical New Orlean's type foods, I'm out of ideas and most of what
i've seen recipe wise doesn't translate well into stand-up and munch type food. Also the committee that selected the
theme doesn't want it just to be new orleans jazz ideas.

Please send suggestions and ideas.

thanks all who help
diggerb

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: need ideas for a jazz party

You say "all that jazz" and I immediatly think of "Chicago"...
I would concentrate on Speakeasy food Chicago Pizza, Polish hot dogs, hot pastrami sandwiches on rye ( or at least mini ones) Keilbasa chunks in BBQ sauce. Desserts called things like "Soul brownies" and "Speakeasy rum cake".
Rent the movie and I'll bet you will find lots of inspiration.
Linda C

o
RE: need ideas for a jazz party

Linda C is on to something. You could serve almost anything if you gave it a clever name.

My bizarre train of thought went from "I'm gonna rouge my knees and roll my stockings down" to tandoori chicken legs (hey-they're red).

And make sure your bar is stocked with bootleg whiskey and bathtub gin :)

Good luck!

Here is a link that might be useful: craftfetish blog

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Entertaining Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here