Return to the Entertaining Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Open house party ideas wanted

Posted by landmarker (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 27, 02 at 17:10

My DW and I decided to have a big open house party for her 40th. We want to invite all of her old friends from over the years (over 100 people) to our house. We are thinking of ways to spread out the attendance as having so many people to the house gets to be too many. We were thinking of making it more of a kids party during the day and then more adult oriented at night. Does anyone have any suggestions as to a) is this appropriate and b) how to write the invitation without offending people?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Open house party ideas wanted

On your invitation, try wording like "Activities for the kids from 2 - 4 p.m." as a footnote to the time.

-OR-

Create different invitations, one set saying 1-3, another 2-4, and so on. Though, I think that could backfire and cause problems.

o

I have been to parties like that.....
It works well to stagger the crowd, ask those with kids early and plan food for them, and ask those without kids later......and plan adult food
Linda C

o

For the wording on the invitation..perhaps state:
"Families Open House...from 2-4pm"
"Adults Only Open House..from 7-10pm (or whatever)

Gear your food selection accordingly. You might want to go with a variety of lovely appetizers for the adult party.

o

Linda and Sharon have a great idea...and Sharon's wording is perfect. That can't possibly offend anyone as the options are open!

Have a great party and Happy B-Day!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Entertaining Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here