Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
deeeeeleeeeete

Slovenian-American Family Reunion - help needed!

Debbie Downer
13 years ago

Will be outdoors in a park shelter - so far 50 adults and 20 children

Menu:

Burgers/brats on the grill (large one in a park shelter)

Slovenian potato salad (like German w/ vinegar, no mayo)

Slovenian coleslaw

Spinach cheese strudel and/or spinaci cmoki (spinach balls)

Slovenian smoked sausage and sauer kraut

Veggie tray(???)

Potica (nut roll)

Little yellow Baby Doll watermelons from Farmers Market (mmmmm!)

Will also have packaged chips and cookies on hand if we find we need more food. Yeah, its somewhat cholesterol laden, but - oh well!

I did search this forum and found some info on estimating food quantities including Ellens food chart but Im still kinda confused because I imagine quantities would be different if you have a lot of dishes as compared with not-so-many. Im hoping someone can look at our specific menu and advise?

Most of the recipes Im using do not give # of servings. Would it make sense to think in terms of weight of ingredients, or # of cups/volume of ingredients? I have some storage containers in 18 qt and 30 qt sizes that I was thinking I would use as a guide.

As far as food prep goes, how far in advance would you prepare these things? We do want everything to taste fresh and delicious - if I shred cabbage and boil potatoes a few days ahead of time will we lose flavor and quality vs. doing this the night before?

Recipe says the spinach strudel can be frozen ahead but it did not specify whether thats before its baked, or after. Any guesses?

Maybe we shoulda catered this but its too late now!!! Your help is most gratefully appreciated!

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?