Return to the Entertaining Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Volunteer Thank yous

Posted by donna407 (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 18, 07 at 22:49

I work for a non-profit org and deal with lots of volunteers - how can I thank them - something without a cost!!! Thank you!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Volunteer Thank yous

Maybe one of the volunteer poems below. Eithter making a card with the poem on it, or reading it to the group.

Here is a link that might be useful: Volunteer Poems

o

Be sure to acknowledge them if possible in a public place for their service...announce it, put their names in booklets, newsletters, etc.

o

Thank them immediatly, always for a job done, for their time and for giving their time....the most precious gift of all. Let them know that without them YOU would not have a job, and that you are grateful.
Letters to the editor in a local paper are good. Volunteers are just that....we don't look for "awards" not framed plaques, nor an invitation to an appreciation luncheon.
Linda C

o

I'd actually prefer a sincere, promptly written thank you note to a plaque or certificate or annual recognition doodad.

(And I work for a non-profit as well, I know how long the list of people to thank can be after an event. Newsletters, event programs, acknowledgement from the podium, etc are all good too)

o

I think that a personal letter -- not a form letter -- preferably hand-written, would mean more to me than anything. If there are just too many for one person to do them all, at least try to get your helpers to be people who know what the people did, so they can say something individual to each.

o

I have volunteered for a number of non profits over the year, and my favorite acknowledgment has always, and continues to be, a hand written note expressing thanks for my time and energy. I have never liked volunteer luncheons or anything along those lines.

o

I agree, a heartfelt note is much more a thank you than anything else..
I volunteer in several organizations and capacities...
I don't like the "parties" and don't attend.

I also appreciate it when someone takes the time to say..we know xyz would not be possible without your time and effort..

o

We have a large annual event and provide a "Volunteer Lounge" for that years crop of volunteers. It has confortable seating, cold drinks and coffee as well as a Wi-Fi connection and available staff ( a temp) to help with anything for them.

The most important recognition is a thank you!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Entertaining Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here