Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pathfinderara

Taking shoes off

pathfinderara
15 years ago

I know I have posted this question before, but IÂm wondering how many like to take shoes off at places such as houses, work, school and other places you may go? I like the concept of taking shoes off, I feel it helps you be more relaxed and yourself, what do you think? I have also noticed at some portrait studios they require you to take your shoes off before entering their camera rooms, what do you think of this?

Comments (19)

• suzieque
    15 years ago

Oh lord - say it isn't so.

• mitchdesj
    15 years ago

oh my, not again, lol..............

do a search with the words "shoes off" and you'll have more info that you've ever imagined.........

do I want to be barefooted in a place where strangers have been taking their shoes off, hummmm let me think............

Here is a link that might be useful: previous shoes off thread

• sheesh
    15 years ago

Pathfinder knows, Mitchdesj. She has posted this q. here before. Hey, pathfinderara, do you think the answers you'll get this time will be different? Why are you so fascinated with other people's feet? Seems kind of quirky to me.

• chase_gw
    15 years ago

spare me lord...........

• colleenoz
    15 years ago

Clearly s/he has a foot fetish...

• nancylouise5me
    15 years ago

Everyone's opinion has been given on this subject to the point of adnauseam. When will it all end? NancyLouise

• Fori
    15 years ago

I love taking my shoes off at the airport. I love it when the TSA guy sticks his gloved hand into those shoes and then goes through some nice family's baby bag.

• sleepyhollow
    15 years ago

If the other threads weren't so boring, this thread wouldn't be so interesting. End of story... Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

• sleepyhollow
    15 years ago

Fori,

"I love taking my shoes off at the airport. I love it when the TSA guy sticks his gloved hand into those shoes and then goes through some nice family's baby bag."

As opposed to when the TSA guy goes through the nasty family's baby bag and then puts his gloved hand in your shoes.

I love flying my own airplane, knowing the TSA guy's nasty oily, yellowed, gloved hand never gets anywhere near me or my luggage. Unlike the herded cattle on commercial airlines, I arrive in style and comfort, on time, without having to sit next to someone who needs a seat for each a$$ cheek and smells like a men's room in Calcutta.

• gellchom
    15 years ago

Sleepyhollow! You are back! It's been too long since anyone has called people "cattle" here. Welcome back, Sunshine!

• Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
    15 years ago

This is all so funny!

• susiethecook
    15 years ago

I just scrolled down and read some of the other threads on this topic. I'm amazed. I live in Texas and have NEVER been asked to remove my shoes in someone's home--nor have I ever seen people shoeless at a party or dinner party. This must be a regional thing.

I really had to laugh at someone's surmise that removing shoes is a white collar thing and that blue collar people are the ones that don't remove shoes indoors. That isn't true in Dallas, TX. In fact, it would be considered very uncouth to remove your shoes in this city.

• lindac
    15 years ago

Susie....you have it all wrong....don't you know all the beautiful people always pad around in their sox at a cocktail party in New York? I mean don't you always check to make sure that the white sox you wear with your black strappy sandals with your little black dress are clean when you go for cocktails at someone's house?
    I mean I always do....and the men sit down on that bench by the door and untie their black wing tips and slip into their slipper sox, carefully chosen to match their tie. The men all stand around and discuss the current banking problems in their slippers and the women in their sox...I mean...isn't it that way in Dallas????

• susiethecook
    15 years ago

Very cute lindac. I am still just amazed at this topic. If someone took their shoes off at a party, people would really wonder about them. Maybe it has something to do with living in a region that does not have much inclement weather.

• lindac
    15 years ago

I live where we have a lot of snow amd slush, and no one takes off their shoes except when they are very wet. People shovel their walk and drive way when it snows. I have many farmer friends and when they come in from tending the animals they remove their shoes/boots. But when they are having company and as when the family is at home, shoes are worn in the house.
    and here we go again!!

• susiethecook
    15 years ago

I think I have to vote with those who say if you are so wrapped up in your floors that guests have to remove their shoes, you just shouldn't have guests. I know that this may seem extreme--but the shoeless thing seems very extreme to me.
    I've just never heard of it.

• gardenandcats
    15 years ago

Wall to wall carpenting and new hard wood floors.If is snowy or muddy out then shoes off please..

• suzieque
    15 years ago

I can't believe this is getting legs again.

• sheesh
    15 years ago

At the risk of sounding very arogant, PLEASE let this current post of mine be the last post of all.

The OP seems to be a weirdo with a foot fetish. H/she asks this question repeatedly, never makes a second comment. I picture this weirdo doing weido things while reading here and getting off.

Even comments like mine and Suzieque's are fanning this flame, so let's just stop responding right now. I won't ever trust another "shoes off" thread, because the OP is clever and weird (dangerous?) and may change his/er user name.

Sponsored
Frasure Home Improvements
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Franklin County's Highly Skilled General Contractor