Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
loves2cook4six

Need ideas for a theme

loves2cook4six
16 years ago

We have a group of friends 12 of us, who get together every other month for a "Gourmet Club" where the hosting couple chooses a theme and makes the main course, while the others all bring complimentary dishes based on the theme.

We are hosting the July get together at Ravinia, an outdoor concert in the park. It's picnic style and the gamut of meals on display from other attendees runs from the simple sandwich in wax paper to elaborate tablescapes, with candles and china.

My problem is that I have no kitchen! We begin demo tomorrow and there is no way my kitchen will be complete in two weeks hahaha.

So I need ideas for a theme where the main course can be prepared with a minimum of fuss. I do have a "complete" kitchenette in the basement with a convection microwave and a hot plate but I have literally 2' of counterspace and no dishwasher. So I can make just about anything if I have to.

Dietery restrictions are no shellfish and no mushrooms. Tree nuts are also out.

Themes in the past have included New Orleans Cajun where we served Maffalettos; Spicy Indian where we served samosas, meatballs etc; and american bbq. LOL - we were told to stop bbq'ng at that one. We had no idea grilling wasn't allowed.

Comments (3)