Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gellchom

Brunch for 70 - please help

gellchom
17 years ago

Hi -

Sometimes it seems like the 11th commandment of planning a wedding, bar mitzvah, etc. is "thou shalt have the brunch." When there are a lot of out of town guests, you have to do something with them to say goodbye on Sunday morning. Anyway, my husband and I offered to give The Brunch for some friends next month. They just told us that there will be about 70 people. I've given The Brunch once or twice before, so I'm not afraid. And I knew where to come for help, tips, and advice!

Here are our parameters:

No meat or shellfish

The party the night before is dessert, not dinner (I mention it because that makes me think we don't want to be dessert-heavy the next morning). At the synagogue the day of the b'nai mitzvah (it's a brother and sister together), there will probably be at least noodle kugel, tuna salad, raw vegetables, and desserts.

So here is what I am thinking so far:

bagels (of course!) and cream cheese, lox, vegetables

coffee

orange juice

soda

cut fruit (I'll probably order that from the supermarket)

Some sort of hot dish or two, such as:

- French toast sticks (I found industrial size boxes of frozen ones once that were good -- I hope I can again)

- that bread/cheese souffle casserole

- stuffed French toast casserole

marinated vegetable salad and/or rice salad

cake and cookies

But I know you all have good ideas for what to serve, and also other tips on serving the crowd. I hope we have good weather so they can spill outside!

Thanks in advance for your time and ideas.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Custom Decks, Patios & Outdoor Enclosures Solutions in Loudoun County