Return to the Entertaining Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
wedding etiquette

Posted by carolj_1979 (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 28, 07 at 16:04

My DH and I just attended the wedding our good friend's daughter. I was appalled by the way people behaved before and during the ceremony. I saw one guy w/ a water bottle drinking it in the sanctuary. People stood for the bridal party during the processional and the priest had to tell them to sit until the mother of the bride stood for the bride. Toddlers and young children were screaming and talking through the entire ceremony and parents didn't take them out! Cameras were flashing during the vows! A wedding is supposed to be a sacred covenant and it was more like a three-ring circus. I do not want this to happen at the weddings of my children and will do whatever precautions necessary to see that it doesn't. Does anyone else agree with me or is this just the way society does things now? Thanks for letting me rant!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: wedding etiquette

In spades!! 100%...I am disgusted by gum chewing bridesmaids, noisy guests...hooting and hollering as a certain attendant comes down the aisle, Elvis singing Love Me Tender during the ring exchange....and more besides!
The precautions you need to take is to do all you can to make everything about the wedding, from invitations to ceremony to dht dress of the attendants and family as "correct" and as formal as you can.....and maybe it will turn out 1/2 way between stuffy and raucous!
I am remembering one bride with a backless gown with some strange thing stuck on her back. I learned later it was to cover a tattoo. So...if you don't want your tattoo to show, why get one? And furthermore, why choose a backless gown?
I'll rant with you!!
Linda C

o

I think this is just the way of society. People have no manners anymore. Don't get me on the rant about how people were acting when I went to the theatre. There were live people on stage, show some respect, you're not at the movies!

o

I was recently appalled when a Catholic bride came down the aisle in a very formal sanctuary in 'spaghetti' straps. I think my jaws dropped. Wonder why the church/priest didn't have the church rules given to her??? good grief. Beautiful dress, but where was the modesty?

o

Salena, I'm curious. If the dress itself was not low cut why did this bother you? It wouldn't have bothered me.

But it did bother me when a bride walked down the aisle of a fomal Catholic church wearing a gown with long sleeves and a very plunging bodice and back. Sure, her shoulders and arms were covered, but most everything else was out in the open.

o

I am a professional musician, and you don't want to hear me rant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am about to swear off weddings for life!!!! If you don't want a sacred service, get out of the church!!!!!! If you choose a church, act like you are a responsible adult who is attending a sacramental service......
Okay, I'm off my soapbox too!!!!

o

Am thinking of my good friend also a pro who plays a lot for weddings telling of the bride who wanted to walk down the aisle to the theme from Star Wars! I asked her if she did that??...She replied that she gently guided her to use that as a recessional!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Entertaining Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here