Return to the Entertaining Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bingo Party

Posted by Curly_Willow (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 16, 03 at 7:04

I posted this ahwile ago and just wanted to see if anyone has heard of this and if anyone has any better ideas :)

A friend of mine told me about a once a month girls night party idea and I was wondering if anyone else has heard of this. You invite your friends, ask them to bring a small wrapped gift ( under 15.00 ) and money for bingo cards (5.00 a card). The hostess provides either dinner or just finger foods and drinks(changes houses every month)
Each time someone wins they get to pick a gift. Last game is played for the pot ( all the money that was paid for bingo cards ) I hope this makes sense....its at least the basic idea as far as I know. Great excuse to get the girl friends together.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bingo Party

Sounds like lots of fun, but just for you information many states have laws about money and bingo. In AZ, many of the RV parks cannot have money on the table as this is gambling. Does not make sense to me but all it takes is one person to turn you in. As to the 15.00 idea, this could be a little pricy for someone on a fixed income. In several of the RV parks, we have done brown bag bingo, food (cans/boxes) bingo, candy bar bingo, etc. We have even been asked to look around our RV ( or your home) and bring something you now longer want. Other ideas are stationary, boxes of cards, writing kits, knick knacks, even something someone gave you that you really did not like a unusual figurine, ugly ash tray. Hope this gives you some ideas.
Marie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Entertaining Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here