Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
agnesd_gw

Dinner party

agnesd
20 years ago

Looking for a meal that gets done all at one time or no hassle reheat. I'm serving roast beef tenderloin that will cook for 20 mins at 500 degrees. What can I serve with it in the line of a starch that isn't troublesome at serving time. Thanks.

Comments (6)

• becky_ca
    20 years ago

Twice baked potatoes are always a hit here. You can even make them up well in advance and freeze them if you like.

Becky
    Windsor, CA

* Exported from MasterCook *

Stuffed Potatoes

Recipe By :Becky Chatham
    Serving Size : 4 Preparation Time :1:45
    Categories :

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
    -------- ------------ --------------------------------
    4 large baking potatoes
    4 slices bacon -- diced
    4 green onions -- sliced
    4 ounces cheddar cheese -- grated
    1/2 cup sour cream

Bake potatoes at 400F for about 1 hour, or until done. Crisply fry bacon and drain. Cut potatoes in half lengthwise, scoop out potato and combine with other ingredients. Divide mixture evenly among skins; place on baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes at 400F, or until hot.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    NOTES : To make ahead: For 5 pounds of potatoes, use a pint of sour cream, about 1 ounce of cheese per potato, a bunch green onions (or dehydrated chives to taste) and a pound of bacon. After potatoes are stuffed, flash freeze and bag in freezer bags. To re-heat, either thaw in fridge or in microwave, and proceed as usual.

• sharon_fl
    20 years ago

I always like to serve Parslied butter potatoes. You can cook them ahead (just til done-don't overcook!) I use the small redskin potatoes.
    Leaving the skins on..slice in 1/2" slices. Cover with water, add salt & cook til tender. Drain & place in a microwave dish-try not to let slices overlap if possible. Melt 1/4 lb of butter in micro-add 1/3 to 1/2 cup of chopped fresh parsley. Pour over potato slices-add salt & pepper to taste. While slicing tenderloin..nuke the potatoes until hot.

• arandygail
    20 years ago

This is an excellent rice dish that can be made in the microwave in 20 min.

Rice Casserole

1 c. white rice
    1 can beef consumme soup (you can use French onion soup if you would like an onion flavor)
    1 can water
    1/2 c. butter or margerine, cut up (you can reduce this to 1/4 c. if you wish)
    1/2 tsp. garlic salt
    1-2 cans mushrooms

Combine all ingredients in a microwave safe dish. Cover with lid or plastic wrap. Microwave on full power for 20 min.

• tresbelle3
    20 years ago

Roasted Potatoes? I would make the day before and just re-heat.

• lindac
    20 years ago

Roasted potatoes....but don't re-heat. They are not critical....once they are done, just lower the heat to 200 and they will keep easily for 30 minutes in the oven.
    When I do a whole beef filet....I usually have my salad made but not dressed and the [potatoes almost cooked and my veggie cut up, seasoned and ready to be cooked before I even put the roast in. When the meat is done, there is time to steam the veggies, toss the salad, slice the bread or warm the rolls while the meat is resting.
    Linda C

• compumom
    20 years ago

Lipton Onion Soup has a recipe on the back of the package for their potatoes. They need to cook longer than directed but always a hit. P.S. Use Reynold's Easy Release Aluminum Foil to line the pan. They stick like crazy otherwise. Transfer to a serving dish after cooking. Yum! Cut the potatoes the day before and ziplock. Mix and cook the day of the party and bake. I promise they are super. I do like the idea of twice baked potatoes too.

Sponsored
Cellko Construction Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
Licensed General Contractor Serving Loudoun County