Return to the Entertaining Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My retirement party and gifts

Posted by sudiepav (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 13, 10 at 20:57

I just threw my own retirement party, and thanks to my husband it was a rousing success. I had an open house b/w 1 and 5 on a Sunday, and I knew that people would want to bring gifts, even though I didn't want any. I asked, on the invitation, that instead of gifts, to please consider planting a tree, giving a book to a child or making a donation to a food pantry. Some people brought gift cards or wine, but I was gratified by how many people had trees planted in my name, gave books to our library, or donated to the local food pantry. I was astounded by the success of this and plan to use the "gift" idea for future celebrations where we'd rather not have gifts.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My retirement party and gifts

Congratulations on your retirement! You'll have a lot more time for entertaining now ....

I'm glad the party was so great. Good for you!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Entertaining Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here