Return to the Entertaining Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
White out RSVP line?

Posted by kel3 (My Page) on
Sun, May 15, 11 at 23:17

We are sending out invitations for my sons high school graduation open house. The invitations are pre-printed and have an RSVP line. I don't really want people to RSVP as it doesn't really matter, as we will have more than enough to eat/drink for everyone and people don't seem to always RSVP anyway. What is the proper way to handle this on the pre-printed invite? White out the RSVP line (is that tacky?)? Leave it blank? Or write our phone number and say "RSVP not necessary but call if you have any questions"? Seems like such a silly thing to worry about but I want to do whats correct.

Thanks for any insight on this!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: White out RSVP line?

Well, let's see -- guests are supposed to respond to any invitation, whether or not it says "RSVP," unless I guess it says "regrets only" and they are attending. So whiting out the RSVP line won't really change anything (and it will be a pain and look icky; I wouldn't do it).

But I suppose if you want, you could just cross it out with a pen stroke or add the words "not necessary."

Don't be so sure you don't want people to respond, though, even though you won't change your food plans. There might be other reasons you'd like to know if this one or that one is coming or not.

o
RE: White out RSVP line?

I wouldn't white out anything on a pre-printed invitation. It will ruin the look of your invitation as it infers there was a mistake that needed to be erased. Perhaps you could write the words "Regrets Only" w/your phone number in the spot for the response date.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Entertaining Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here