Return to the Entertaining Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Invitation wording help needed

Posted by okieladybug (My Page) on
Sun, May 9, 10 at 17:24

DH and I will be dedicating our daughter at church in June (similar to a christening, but not called the same thing at our church). We are inviting family and friends that are important to us. Can you help me word the invitations? If people don't want to attend our church service (which I completely understand) we still want them to know they can come to lunch. Also, I want guests to know the lunch portion is very informal...we'll be eating in the backyard and serving picnic style foods: BBQ, potato salad, etc. but we don't want guests to think it's a potluck. We're providing all the food. We just want a fun, casual party afterwards to get together with the people we love. Suggestions please? I'm at a loss on how to word this.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Invitation wording help needed

"Please join us for a casual picnic lunch in our yard after the services of dedication for our daughter.
Service at 10:30 at the whatever church if you wish to attend, and lunch at noon at our house.
Please come to one or both events, we would love to share our blessing with you."

o
RE: Invitation wording help needed

Thanks Linda. That sounds good!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Entertaining Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here