Return to the Entertaining Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need help with a birthday party

Posted by ilovepink (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 22, 07 at 10:29

I have a 60th birthday party to throw. It's going to be very casual. About thirty to forty people total.

The obstacle I have is that it's joint. A husband and wife. I cannot find invites that reflect two 60th birthddays. I was on a creative path then hit my wall. LOL I was thinking of doing something that said 'celebrating 120 years of.....' then I thought that was kind of cheesy.

Are there any funny poems or quotes that anyone knows of for a 60th party? The couple is retired and they just had a big retirement party too.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need help with a birthday party

If you can't make your own invitations, lots of people sell nice personalized ones on eBay. I bought some recently for my Daughter's graduation party. I didn't buy from the seller in the link below, but there are a lot of wording ideas there. Just do a search for photo invitations and a lot more will come up. Most of the sellers will do whatever you like. If you don't have a photo, there are plenty of other options as well.

Here is a link that might be useful: ebay photo invitations

o
RE: Need help with a birthday party

I like the invitation blanks you can get to use at your own computer. I've seen them at Target, and I'm sure they are available lots of places, but I've only bought them at Kinko's, where they come 2 or 4 to a page, 25 pages to a pack, for $5.99. 25 envelopes are also $5.99. It is easy to make your own invitation on your computer (hint: make several copies of the blank to practice on until you are sure you have the alignment where you want it, and when you are ready to print, remember to set your printer to "best" quality).

I have used these twice this spring already, and it is easy and fast. I also had several people comment on how pretty the invitations were, so I guess they are as nice as the kind from the stationer, but lots faster and MUCH cheaper.

I don't know any quotes or poems about 60, but I don't think you need it. "Petunia and Cuthbert are 60!" ought to get the job done.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Entertaining Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here