Return to the Entertaining Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
tablescapes luncheon

Posted by hillcresthoney (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 7, 10 at 9:59

I am hosting one of the tables at a tablescapes luncheon,
and my theme is "Summer Orchard". My dishes are Portmeirion Pomona, (Very vivid fruit) and I want to use
an antique picnic basket to hold my center piece, but I'm
coming up empty handed after that. What else comes to mind, when you think of a summer orchard? The table is round and I am also concerned about the appearance of the centerpiece with the top of the basket being in front of some guests with the flowers basically on the other side.
Any thoughts are much appreciated!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: tablescapes luncheon

How about a small "bushel basket"...I have a couple, small holding maybe 2 quarts and looks like a small apple basket.
Another idea would be a small slatted box of the type that berries used to be sold in....you would have to make it though.
How about a twig basket?
Also think of antique tinware...I am thinking a of a turkshead mold....and you could add antique cherry pitters and or apple corers as well as old blue canning jars or jelly glasses....sounds like fun.
Linda C

o

You could also post this question at the holiday forumn. Everyone over there creates wonderful tablescapes.

Here is a link that might be useful: link

o

How about getting a piece of sod and cutting it into a circle and placing as the centerpiece. Put basket on top of that. Since their is fruit on the plates why not do fruit pouring out of the basket. Then do small floral arrangements around the table. Maybe every other seating. And I would hollow out a piece of fruit for the vase. Like an apple could hold flowers. I'd also do bright napkins. Not poking out of the glass. But, folded on the plate.

o

I'm familiar with that china; it's one of my favorites. Since there are so many fruit choices in this china, will each place setting be a mix of fruit or will each place setting feature one fruit?

I'm picturing a tall, clear, cylinder vase filled with miniature apples. And out of the vase, a casual arrangement of white daisies.
I did something similar with lemons and parrot tulips.

Photobucket
Will you be using a table cloth? or placemats?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Entertaining Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here