Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mlea_gw

fruit topiary

mlea
16 years ago

I've been asked to make something similiar to these photos (the straighter one actually) but wondering if anyone has an idea of how to do it so you can pull off the fruit without it tipping over? And what would you use for a base? I've made a couple in the past, but nothing shaped like this. The last one I did was a starfoam tall cone, that I covered with lettuce leave and inserted the toothpicks in one end that that end stuck into the starfoam. You see the toothpicks are on the outside of this photo, so do you think they inserted 2 different toothpicks? They'd have to be extra long to hold it into the starfoam or whatever base they used. They say it is 3 ft. high. Any suggestions would be greatly appraciated. I think it's such a cute idea. I thought I could post a photo....maybe someone can direct me where to go so I can post the picture?

Comments (2)

• ilovepink
    16 years ago

Which pictures? I don't see them.

So I will answer as good as I can from experience. i've done them in flower pots where I sunk in a premade topiary from the oasis you find at a craft store. I cover that in saran wrap of course before covering in fruit.

In the flower pot base I have poured concrete and I've done rocks. Like a river walk. They were easily in place and didn't topple over.

If you can show a pick again please do. I'd love to see what you are tyring to do.

• mlea
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I did it....with the help of my husband, we made the neatest topiary and had rave reviews. Like I said before, I don't see on here how to post a photo, so if anyone would want to see what I did, please email and I'll gladly share my creation.

Sponsored
Fineline Deck Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars11 Reviews
Women Owned Construction Company Specializing in High Quality Decks