Return to the Entertaining Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
fruit topiary

Posted by mlea (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 7, 07 at 9:08

I've been asked to make something similiar to these photos (the straighter one actually) but wondering if anyone has an idea of how to do it so you can pull off the fruit without it tipping over? And what would you use for a base? I've made a couple in the past, but nothing shaped like this. The last one I did was a starfoam tall cone, that I covered with lettuce leave and inserted the toothpicks in one end that that end stuck into the starfoam. You see the toothpicks are on the outside of this photo, so do you think they inserted 2 different toothpicks? They'd have to be extra long to hold it into the starfoam or whatever base they used. They say it is 3 ft. high. Any suggestions would be greatly appraciated. I think it's such a cute idea. I thought I could post a photo....maybe someone can direct me where to go so I can post the picture?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: fruit topiary

Which pictures? I don't see them.

So I will answer as good as I can from experience. i've done them in flower pots where I sunk in a premade topiary from the oasis you find at a craft store. I cover that in saran wrap of course before covering in fruit.

In the flower pot base I have poured concrete and I've done rocks. Like a river walk. They were easily in place and didn't topple over.

If you can show a pick again please do. I'd love to see what you are tyring to do.

o
RE: fruit topiary

I did it....with the help of my husband, we made the neatest topiary and had rave reviews. Like I said before, I don't see on here how to post a photo, so if anyone would want to see what I did, please email and I'll gladly share my creation.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Entertaining Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here