Return to the Entertaining Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What to serve 60 High Schoolers for Breakfast

Posted by oreo2363 (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 17, 05 at 16:35

Everyone Sunday I organize refreshments for High School Church service. I am running out of ideas. Since there are so many kids I have been doing muffins, OJ, and an occasional little wieny wrapped in a crossant. HELP! Any ideas?
Vicki

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What to serve 60 High Schoolers for Breakfast

I have a recipe called Stuffed French Toast which is a misnomer--it's a casserole of bacon, sausage, bread, eggs and cream cheese with maple syrup for flavor. You can serve it in squares and make it well ahead of time. Email me if you want the recipe to try out.

o

Yum...sounds good to me. Can you post the recipe? Thanks

Nancy

o

Any French Toast overnight casserole...
Just watched Paula Deen today and she had a yummy Praline one...

Here is a link that might be useful: Spring Brunch show from today

o
Egg Casseroles

Here's a page of recipes for egg based casseroles.

Here is a link that might be useful: OOOdles of Egg Casseroles

o
even more

Some more yummy recipes.

Here is a link that might be useful: More Breakfast Casseroles

o
Another thought...

Could you get some help and some blenders and do a "smoothie bar"...
Fresh fruit, oj, ice and yogurts....
The kids could make their own...or tell the "blenders" what they wanted?

o

Stuffed French Toast
8 slices of hearty bread, cut into 1 inch cubes
2 8 oz bars cream cheese, cut into 1 inch cubes
Optional: cooked sausage, broken up or bacon, crumbled (I use a pound of each)
12 eggs
2 cups milk
1/3 cup pure maple syrup
Put 1/2 the bread cubes in the bottom of a 9 x 13 casserole dish. Put the cream cheese on top ( because the cubes sort of stick to your hands, I put them here and there evenly) and add the rest of the bread on top of that. You can also add the bacon and sausage at this point, sprinkle them evenly in the pan.
Beat the eggs, milk and maple syrup together and pour over the bread/cream cheese. Top with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight (the bread needs to soak up the eggs). Bake at 375 for 45 minutes (take the plastic wrap off, first). Serves 8.
I've doubled and tripled this recipe and it always turns out great.

o

thanks for the great ideas! I would love to try all of them especially the smoothie bar. The kids would love that one!
Vicki

o

Here's one for you since you don't mind cooking:

Breakfast burrito bar.

YOu just need to make individual things....scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, some pan fried potatoes, maybe rice if you like. Put out bowls of salsa, cheese, sour cream along with tortillas.

We've done this with great success with people of wide variety of ages. You can use disposable containers for each thing, so cleanup is a snap!

We've done this for 4-40 people with little extra effort.

aiki

o

You mentioned the weinner in the crosant - our family LOVES the refrigerated crosant rolls, brushed with mustard and a slice of ham and cheese rolled up and baked in them.

I also have a Peach French Toast recipe that is done much like the one above left overnight in refrig and baked.

Quiches are easy to make and bake and can be reheated if necessary and sliced whatever size you need. Bacon and mushroom, etc. Mr. Food has an easy one.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Entertaining Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here