Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
just_imagine

Do you have a favorite card or board game

just_imagine
18 years ago

It's the weekend and we're having friends over for the evening. Always looking for something fun to do. Do you have a favorite card game or board game to play with 2 or 3 couples?

Comments (7)

• jenn
    18 years ago

My family enjoys Skip-Bo.

• sudiepav
    18 years ago

Probably too late for suggestions to help you out, but the many versions of Trivial Pursuit are fun, although in our crowd, sometimes the people get divided into brains/flight attendant teams with brickbats thrown on both sides! We also have a game called Scruples which is hilarious, and my girlfriends play some sort of Michigan Rummy, which involves several card games going at once. They love it, but I have little card sense, and most especially when cocktails are served, so I usually don't join in.

• bunny_lover
    18 years ago

Battle of the Sexes
    Balderdash
    Password
    Tri-Bond

• Meghane
    18 years ago

Phase 10, Scattegories, Balderdash, Tabloid Teasers, Apples to Apples, Scene It (many themes available but I like the original best), Cranium, Taboo.

• waddles
    18 years ago

We just started playing the apples to apples and I really enjoy the game.

• okieladybug
    18 years ago

I'm a little late, but our family LOVES Cranium and Family Fun Cranium. We just got In a Pickle and it can get pretty hilarious!

On a more serious note, we all really like Cashflow. It has helped us all learn more about how money works, but you still have fun while playing it.

• gellchom
    18 years ago

Oh, this is easy. We love this obscure game so much, I am really happy to spread the word.

It's called MooT, and it has the subtitle, "a game of language and politics." It is sort of a language trivia game. Some make you work with word origins, and some with usage, that make you think, "Wow, I THOUGHT I knew what that word means, but what does it mean EXACTLY?" and it is really funny, too. It's not advertised, just known by word of mouth (the guy makes them in his home). We stumbled on it in a museum shop in Canada when we were about to meet some friends for a vacation back when all our kidz were little. The box was interesting, with sample questions like, "Is the pope a primate?", "Is this a rhetorical question?" and "Is the invisible Barbie doll beyond your Ken?" We bought it, figuring it might be fun for the 4 adults one evening after the kidz went to sleep.

"An" evening. Ha! We played that game every night, until all hours. Over the years, we carefully rationed out the questions so we wouldn't use them up too soon (Fortunately, there will be a new version soon). My brother and cousin got hooked, and so on. For my 40th birthday (several years ago!), my husband and the other couple planned a "MooT" hunt party -- it was a scavenger hunt, but to figure out what each item they had to get was, the teams had to solve a MooT question, and then go find the artifact or perform the action (taking a picture to prove it) indicated. So you see, we REALLY love this game.

You can buy it on line (I've never seen it in a store again; maybe it's only in Canada). I have put the link below. Plus, the genius who came up with it has a list serve where you can get a MooT question of the month.

If you love words, this is for YOU. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.

Here is a link that might be useful: the MooT site

Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Columbus, OH