Return to the Entertaining Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Spanish themed 80th birthday party

Posted by krigg (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 1, 07 at 15:47

We are having an 80th birthday bash for my dad. He's of Spanish heritage and we want to have a Spanish theme. Does anyone have any ideas with regard to decorations I am stumped on this one. I appreciate any help you can give me.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Spanish themed 80th birthday party

You should post this on the Holiday forum/ Very creative gals over there who may be able to help.
Would you want to go with a Flamenco theme?

o

why not set up a tapas bar, and keep the "theme" more as good food? (ast 80, you've seen and done most of it...)instead, why not go thru family photos and do a memory page?

i found this site...

http://www.ericweisstein.com/fun/wine/tapas.html

o

You could use the Mexican flag colors to decorate in. Use a Mexican serape (blanket) as a tablecloth. For fun-create a pinata for your birthday guy to hit but because of his age-cover the pinata in several layers of tissue paper-easier for him to break. Inside could be gift items for him! Denture cleansers, chap stick, life savers, crossword puzzle book, etc-stuff he'd enjoy.
Serve a pot of Mexican chili with a salad & pita bread halves...and a Mexican cake of some sort. Get a big sombrero & use as a centerpiece-lining it with plastic wrap & placing tortilla chips in it with salsa bowl to the side.
It would be cool if you could locate a supplier who carries Mexican jumping beans and use them as favors for the guests-maybe wrapped in bright tissue paper along with some candies of some sort.

o

By spanish do you mean Spain or Mexico? That could make a big difference.

o

Spanish theme, My dad will be turning 80 yrs old and he is from Puerto Rico, any ideas for decorations and entertainments. Thank you for your ideas.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Entertaining Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here