Return to the Entertaining Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Can anyone identify this 'toy'?

Posted by kevint999 (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 26, 06 at 7:07

Hi,

Maybe a little off topic, but the question deals with entertaining.

I was in a park recently and saw someone playing with a unique toy. He had two sticks with a long string between them, which was used to spin a double-sided wooden cone. It looked fun and interesting. Unfortunately, I didn't have the opportunity to ask him what it was called.

I have some pictures at:
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a349/kevint999/Spinner/Spinner.jpg

Thank you,
Kevin

Here is a link that might be useful: Pictures of toy in action.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Can anyone identify this 'toy'?

It's called a "diablo"...see the link.
Linda C

Here is a link that might be useful: toy

o

You're welcome!
I don't mean to reprimand.....well maybe I do a bit....
But when someone goes to the trouble to look up and post a link in answer to your question, it's polite to at least sign on and post a thank you....

o

Hi lindac,

Truly, very sorry for not yet responding and very appreciative of your response.

A little background, but no excuse on my part.
The park where I saw the guy using the diabolo was in Tokyo. I was there for 3 weeks on business and just returned to the US East Coast last weekend. I'm still plowing through the tons of email that we all get these days (while enjoying the symptoms of jet lag). :-)

I'm planning on buying a diabolo because it looks very interesting.

Thank you,
Kevin

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Entertaining Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here