Return to the Entertaining Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Food for Phantom of the Opera

Posted by elenkao (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 21, 06 at 15:33

I would like to have a few friends over the watch the Phantom of the Opera (believe it or not, I saw it for the first time just after Christmas on HBO and LOVE it. Watched it several times.) Anyway, we have a couple that has never seen it either and I would like to have them over to watch it. What kind of dinner could I serve that would somehow go with the Phantom theme? Maybe only appetizers and dessert that can be eaten while watching, or maybe an entire meal. Any creative Ideas to make the evening a little extra special?
Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Food for Phantom of the Opera

I'd definitely go with a French theme. You could have an elegant dinner - white table cloth, lots of candles, fine food, etc. Think of something these Parisians would have before going to the opera. However, I think I would prefer appetizers and desert while watching the movie. Again, go with a French theme. You could have slices of baguette and brie or other cheeses. Have some wine. And don't forget to run to the store for some fancy French-like pastries.

Since it is close to Mardi-Gras, you will likely be able to find decorated masks at a party store. Craft stores might have undecorated ones. You could use the masks just as decoration, or decorate them for an activity, or have some kind of creative mask competition.

It sounds like fun!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Entertaining Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here