Return to the Entertaining Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
open stock flatware?

Posted by pdg777 (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 26, 07 at 13:26

Does anyone have a source for openstock flatware? I'm specifically looking to purchase extra dessert/salad forks. thanks for any help!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: open stock flatware?

What brand? Some brands have outlet stores...Dansk, Oneida. You can also get these at replacements.com and silverqueen.com

o

Thanks, Sudie for the sources. What I am looking to have is enough salad/dessert forks (probably 24-36) for serving when the setting is sort of buffet-style with heavy appetizers, but I don't want to use paper/plastic ware.

o

If you're not fussy about the pattern, you might check Big Lots, TJ Maxx, Homegoods, etc. I've sometimes seen flatware there in boxes of just forks, just spoons, etc. You might check my favorite source, garage sales or Salvation Army and other thrift stores. Often you can find things like that. I sold 3 dozen iced teaspoons at a g-sale once.

o

You might make a trip to a restaurant supply store if you are looking to purchase a large amount of flatware for parties. Prices are much better than retail and you can buy large amounts of the same patterns.

o

Depends on the quality you want....I find Sterling rather inexpensivly on ebay. I have 18 Salads in my "wedding" pattern, 12 in a different pattern and 15 in a third pattern. I also can put out easily 50 dinner forks in assorted patterns. Over the years I have saved lots of $$ by not buying throw away junk....and the silver has only appreciated in value.

Here is a link that might be useful: sterling salad forks

o

my sister always entertained and used mixed patterns as mention...the problem is not getting stuck with that diner quality flatware (as many supply places offer)

o

I bought my forks for a buffet from Target. They have a stainless
in a 6 pack for about 4.99 I believe. They also have knives & spoons of course...I just needed forks.

o

I just re checked my link to "inexpensive" silver forks! LOL!...Turns out they weren't very inexpensive by the end of the auction! LOL!
But trust me...there are sterling forks to be had for less than $5 each!
Linda C

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Entertaining Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here