Return to the Entertaining Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
looking for large plate with depression/circle for tea cup

Posted by faithab (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 3, 03 at 11:08

I'm having a tea for the musicians at our local orchestra. I think I've seen some plates about the size of a salad plate with an off-center well into which you put your coffee cup. Has anyone seen these? Do you know where I might find them? I tried typing "buffet plates" into a Google search but did not come up with anything, really. Saw some with a hole into which you can insert the stem of a wine glass but that won't do. Thank you for any help you can give me.

Sincerely,
Faith

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: looking for large plate with depression/circle for tea cup

Try looking for "dessert set"....
Linda C

Here is a link that might be useful: dessert set

o

I have seen them called luncheon sets.

o

Faith -- Bed, Bath and Beyond used to have these. They came in Fiesta-type colors (looked a lot like Fiestaware in all) and were about $7-10 per unit for plate and cup. They are sometimes called "sandwich sets" or "snack sets". They aren't as formal as the ones pictured above, but will hold a sandwich and cup of beverage or cup of soup.

Depending on how many you are looking for and when you need them, a local restaurant supply house may be able to order them for you. While it's not typical restaurant equipment, they often are made by the same companies and the supply house will have catalogues.

o

I rented these when I had a large buffet party. Check with a couple of party rental stores and see what they have. I remember that they were called luncheon plates.

o

I just gave about 16 sets of these to the Goodwill! They were really popular in the 50's and early 60's. The ones I had belonged to my parents who were married in 1953. I would guess you could find them easily and probably fiarly cheap on E-bay. I think the box said Hostess Sets or Snack Sets.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Entertaining Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here