Return to the Entertaining Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
50th Anniversary

Posted by Lori_Lynn (My Page) on
Fri, Jan 17, 03 at 23:22

My husband and I are hosting a Dinner Reception for my dear in laws in March as they are renewing their vows during church. They are very dear persons! I want it to be special for them. What do you think of menu and I need ideas to make it more special. Menu is Ham balls, scalloped potatoes, green beans with bacon and onion, mandrain tapioca salad, hot rolls, relish tray, three kinds of cakes and mints ( the good ones from www.bestmints.com) Coffee and punch, don't know what kind yet. We are planning for 200 people. I was thinking of putting mints on small glass plates covered with gold doilies on each table rather than just on the cake table. I do daycare so I wouldwelcome all advice. Forgot to tell you that my sister and I are cooking it!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 50th Anniversary

Visit your wedding supply stores-I have done a few 50th parties, and made these cute lapel pins:
Little gold bells are purchased. Cut a piece of gold satin ribbon & tie a bow through the loop on the bell. Add a small gold safety pin to the back. As guests enter the party room-have 2-3 of the younger grandchildren (12-14 yrs old), pin them on each guest...just an added touch yet fairly inexpensive.

If many elderly folks are planning to attend-you might want to have a choice of a cake made with a sugar substitute..making sure you have a tented sign saying : SUGAR FREE cake, in front of that designated cake.

Instead of having all dinner rolls-you could bake some specialty breads-like a banana, pumpkin or zucchini-whatever..slice it then use a cookie cutter in the shape of a bell & cut the shapes from the sliced breads. Same goes for the butter-buy a candy mold & fill with butter, chill to set up. These can be made ahead & frozen, then thaw that day.

If you have a good photo of the honored couple? You can take that to a bakery-they can photocopy that onto a sheet cake! This could be on their table as a centerpiece extra..(maybe just have a 10" cake for them to take home after the affair w/their picture on)

Make a little booklet (or scroll, rolled up & tied with a gold ribbon)..to place at each place setting. Contained in the scroll would be bits of data like your mom's maiden name-their parents' names, their 1st date & where they went, the school's they graduated from, their song, marriage date, location, attendants, honeymoon, etc; siblings, children, & any jobs (including the husbands 1st job!), etc, etc. On this scroll the title could be "Through Their Years", or something.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Entertaining Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here