Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
daisy__3

winter table decoration

daisy__3
16 years ago

I need help to come up with a neat table decoration for our church ladies luncheon... I have thought about a snowman theme on a mirror. Any creative ideas would be welcomed!! Thanks..

Comments (5)

• lindac
    16 years ago

Is this something you will put on all the tables? or are you just decorating one table? If it's something you have to times 10 or 12?
    If it's just one table, then you can go to all kinds of trouble....how about making an array of cozy things? How about a ball of yarn and some knitting needles, a cup or cocoa with a couple of marshmallows, a big fat candle that has been burned for a while so it doesn't look new, and a small teddy bear with a sweater on in the same yarn as that in the ball. You could also include a well read book, and perhaps reading glasses...
    You could also do a winter woods theme...make a small scene out of styrofoam on and carve hout small hills and valleys....and put in small trees and maybe a bear and other animals....ues the figures for a model Rail road set up.
    Or you can just do one big sparkley bouquet. Make an arrangement in a glass or silver bowl using all white silk flowers...maybe roses and some plumes of wheat and rye and those tall twisty willows....and spray it all with glue and sparkles...glitter in silver and in that pearl stuff.
    Have fun!
    Linda C

• daisy__3
    Original Author
    16 years ago

thanks for the ideas Linda...it will be for just 5 or 6 tables...

• gellchom
    16 years ago

I just did really easy winter centerpieces that looked so pretty. It was for a 65th birthday dinner at my house for a friend. It was tricky, because she was widowed suddenly just a month ago. They had been planning a big party, which obviously is canceled. But we all wanted to do something special for her, and fortunately she agreed to a small (15 people) dinner party. The problem was how to make it seem special without it being inappropriately festive -- you know what I mean? So I googled "easy centerpiece" to find something elegant but not giddy. I combined a few ideas.

I took all the little glass or crystal items I could find around the house -- not just little vases, but also crystal candlesticks, cordial glasses, champagne flutes; even pretty jars or shot glasses would work fine -- and put in white roses, with the stems cut off short so that the blooms sat right on the rims, and some little sprigs of baby's breath. I just grouped them all closely together, mixing the heights, added a few votive candles in plain glass holders, and around and through it all some sparkling gold stars-on-wire garland I found after Xmas at the supermarket. It was really easy, fast, and cheap, and it looked elegant and didn't obstruct the guests' view. I was really satisfied with it. I had two tables, so I had a crystal bowl in the center of each table filled with some gold apples and pomegranates I already had, with some roses and baby's breath stuck in, and then two groups of the items I described above toward the ends of the tables.

You could skip the garland and group the items on silver trays. You can either do one large group in the center of the table, or two or three small ones along the length. Roses can be expensive, but you can use other white flowers. I would go to a flower shop and see what they have on special.

Have fun!

• shaun
    16 years ago

How about a clear small fish bowl, with white votives surrounding it, sitting on mirror with greens and babies breath around it and a white fish swimming in it?

The guests get to take home the fish bowl and fish.

• daisy__3
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks gellchom and shaun...both sound very pretty for this time of year up here in the northcounry....I appreciate the suggestions...