Return to the Entertaining Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
farewell party

Posted by jamsask (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 12, 03 at 22:00

I need some entertaining ideas, readings or whatever?? for a farewell party for a couple moving from the farm to the city. They've lived in the same community all their lives and now have retired and moved.

anyone have a poem or joke or game or anything we can use at an informal house party with about 20 people.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: farewell party

A neighborhood farewell party several years ago included a photo album of each of the families on our block, photos of their favorite restaurants, the schools the children had attended, church, even a picture of our mail carrier, with whom the woman had chatted everyday. It was quite a tear-jerker for the family moving.

o

Thanks Julie
what I was really hoping for was some sort of "performance" idea - poem,reading etc
I'll try and throw together a scrapbook too!

o

Maybe you could work up a skit using the "Green Acres" scheme of things. Half of your cast would be dressed in coveralls with straw hats & act out things you do in the country way of life. The other half in city clothes doing things the 'city way'. You could use ideas such as comparing breakfast food choices (a hearty country menu vs bagel w/coffee & the paper), getting produce (garden vs produce section of a store); stormy weather (raincoat, boots, shovel vs someone running across the room screaming "TAXI!"), etc, etc At the end of the skit-stress that "You can take the couple out of the country-but you can't take the country out of the couple"!!!

o

comparing for farewell party.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Entertaining Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here