Return to the Entertaining Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hosting an at home Communion luncheon Need Recipies ideas!

Posted by cindy2165 (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 29, 06 at 17:29

I am hosting a communion luncheon for my sons communion in early May. It will be about 20-25 people. 8 children. I would love to do this all myself. ( I do LOVE to cook) However, I have never been really good a planning a menu
with foods that go well together or complement eachother,especially for that many. Any suggestions?? I would like to have it set up Buffet style with hot and cold food, salads, drinks and one or two knock out , memorable dishes.
The dessert is being brought in so I dont need that.
Please help...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hosting an at home Communion luncheon Need Recipies ideas!

Cindy I'm sure you'll get great help here but you may have even have better luck if you post over on the Cooking Forum. I only say that because many of us often post this type of request over there and the ideas are amazing, complete with recipes! It's a very active forum.

A friendly bunch who are glad to help......

I'll give this some thought and post some ideas tomorrow. What time of day are you thinking of, dinner or brunch? Will people be able to grab a seat somewhere or is it importnat that the food is "fork friendly"...ie people will be standing and eating so needing a knife and fork would be awkward.

Sharon

o

Hi Sharon
Thanks for the info on the Cooking Forum ,I'll post there also.
The luncheon will start about 1:30 or so. There will be tables and chairs set up under a tent.Please if you have any suggestions I would greatly appreciate them.
Cindy

o

Cindy, I have some great easy, make ahead recipes but don't have your email. If you can post or write to me, I'll send them to you.

Carol

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Entertaining Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here