Return to the Entertaining Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hosta la Vista Party

Posted by zaccon (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 8, 06 at 17:08

My husband is a huge hosta lover and this spring I am having a "Hosta la Vista Baby" backyard party for his 50th birthday. I am thinking that each guest could bring a hosta from their garden (or purchase a new one) and my husband could then create a new "birthday garden" from them. I thought of getting some garden markers (but don't know where) and each guest could put their name and the name of the hosta on them. Does anyone have any suggestions for food, decorations, etc. or any other ideas to make it a hit?? There will hopefully be about 80-100 couples attending. Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hosta la Vista Party

I love it! What a great idea - very creative. Hosta la Vista - - ha!!!

I really don't have thoughts for your food/decorations, but if you do a search on 'plant markers' you'll come up with lots. I was going to post some links here for you from my search, but there are zillions and I'm not sure what type you'd like.

80-100 couples - - - wow, that's gonna be some hosta garden!

Great, great idea.

(Hey - I'm turning 50 TOMORROW - sure wish someone had thought of that for me! LoL!)

Suzieque

o
RE: Hosta la Vista Party

I love it!!!!...I would say have lots of "greens"....or maybe do a hosta themed menu...Like Candy hearts, Guacamole, In the Chips etc....
As for labels....be sure to do something permenant and even enter the name in a book!
Love the idea!!
Linda C

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Entertaining Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here