Return to the Entertaining Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
asap

Posted by leveta (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 7, 07 at 16:34

I'm in charge of decorating for my MIL's 90th BD party. Since she loves to quilt, that's the theme that was picked. I have no access to 15 old quilts to use as tableclothes. But was thinking of maybe getting different color plastic tableclothes and cutting them in half and putting them together. Crazy quilt like. Does anyone have any ideals....Please pass along....
A BIG Thanks....

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: asap

I'm not sure that half-and-half color tablecloths would give you the effect you want. You might be able to find some inexpensive fabric, contact paper, or even giftwrap printed with a patchwork pattern. If you are good at crafts or know someone who is, maybe you could sponge-print white tablecloths to look like patchwork? Or just do some sort of centerpiece with loose patches, colorful spools of thread, pincushions, scissors, tape measures, etc.?

o

Why don't you just go to a fabric store (Check Walmart's fabric dept, if you want to do this on a budget), and buy fabric that's printed to look like patchwork. There are loads and loads of printed 'quilt' fabrics out there. You could get different patterns/colors for each table, or you could get all the same. I think different, but coordinating patterns would be striking and fun. You can just turn the raw edges under and stitch--by hand or machine, or if that's beyond your abilities, just cut with pinking shears and leave them be. And just think, when the party is over, you could give her the fabrics--any quilter would be delighted to have yards and yards of extra fabric to incorporate into her projects.

If you do happen to find people willing to lend you quilts for the tables, be sure to buy some heavy duty clear plastic to put over them to protect them from food spills (again, you can get that in the WM fab. dept. It's on a roll, right near the cutting desk, usually).

o

Thanks for the ideals. It's a big help...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Entertaining Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here