Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
haggy_gw

Partying Mom?

Haggy
21 years ago

There's really nothing I can do at this point, but I thought you all might get a kick out of this. We are hosting a little Superbowl soiree this Sunday and I very carefully sent out specific invitations to our friends (no RSVP necessary). One friend of ours has her mother living with her (both women single) and I purposely put the daughters name only on the invitation. Through the grapevine we heard that the daughter can't make it but the mother is planning on attending!!!! She has started "hanging out" with our crowd lately and tends to get quite smashed at every gathering. New Year's Eve was extremely embarassing for the host as she went from person to person with very strange comments. We aren't a young crowd and are all nearing 40. This woman is 60 and insists on attending rock concerts and parties with her daughter and acting like a teenager. Honestly, she kind of freaks us all out. It's like she's trying to relive the 1960's hippie era with us. No one really has the guts to say anything to her. To me, it's like she's going through a midlife crisis or something.

Just thought it was almost funny and you might appreciate it. If anyone has any suggestions, I would love to hear them. And moms, please be a parent to your daughters, not a drinking buddy. Even at 40 and 60 it's kinda sad.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Buckeye Restoration & Remodeling Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars7 Reviews
Central Ohio's Premier Home Remodelers Since 1996