Return to the Renewable Energy Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pellet furnace

Posted by curious_gal (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 7, 05 at 22:43

I'm looking for anyone who has info on pellet furnaces. Has anyone installed a pellet furnace as an add on to an existing furnace. We're building a house and considering a Harman pf100 pellet furnace.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pellet furnace

We built a house in 2004. Last winter I bought a corn burner (very similar to a pellete stove). It hooks directly into the hot air run for the existing ductwork. I am very happy with it so far. It has a blower that moves air through the ductwork just as good as the gas furnace.

Many of the stoves do not have the option of hooking into your ductwork, so look around befor buying.

o

the first consideration should be the availability of fuel. RIght now in our area, pellet fuel has gone over 5.00 per bag which makes it far too costly for us to use. Our stove will need to sit this year out except for very cold periods. We were able to buy a 1/2 ton earlier in the year from Home Depot at a reasonable price but those days are gone. Gas is now cheaper to use for heat.

o

I don't like forcing myself to buy fuel from a restricted source ...

... where the producers/suppliers have the option of sticking me with a much higher price, later on.

Which is why I prefer to let the cartel that runs world grain, and have proved themselves very successful at paying the farmers peanuts for their grains, and that over the long term, to ensure that I'll be able to buy fuel for low prices for the foreseeable future.

You'll note that I didn't use the term, "reasonable", which one often uses when referring to "low" in terms of price. "Reasonable" has nothing to do with it.

Have a warm winter, everyone.

ole joyful

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Renewable Energy Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here