Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
eldemila

solar power generator

eldemila
18 years ago

Hoping someone can provide me with the information I've been trying to find...I'm looking for plans so I can build a portable solar powered generator for emergency use, like during a hurricane.

There was a story on the news the other day where a guy built a solar powered generator using the panels, batteries and I'm not sure what else. He built a box where the back was open and the batteries sat inside, the panels were on top.

I'd like to find some plans/instructions that would show a list of items one would need as well as how to construct something like this, if possible.

I would like to be able to run my fridge, a light with one bulb, small 13" TV, the coffee maker (just for one pot in the am and then no more for the day) and microwave (no heavy duty cooking, just for fast heating or the much needed bag of popcorn) and really, that's about it. Again, just for an emergency. Also, I do have a gas powered generator, so if the sun is hiding, I'd like to be able to hook it up to charge the batteries.

If anyone can provide some much needed help/guidance, I'd soo appreciate it!

THANKS!

Debbie

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!