Return to the Renewable Energy Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pellet stove help!! PLEASE!

Posted by grouper (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 23, 07 at 10:51

Hey there. I just bought an older pellet furnace. Its a http://peasefeedandcoal.com/Mountain-Man-85.html
Is there anybody out there than has a manuel. Or can show me how to run it? I am mostly confused with the 2 speed fan, the wireing for it, and the thermostat with 3 setting it looks like for the fan. Is anyone familular with one of these. Also, I know some pellet stoves are bad, and some are good. Which one is this?
Thanks evreyone!
Alan

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pellet stove help!! PLEASE!

For one thing this isn't a pellet stove. It is a COAL stove. I never heard of it before but found a reference of a coal burning forum. See link below.

I would sugeest that you sign up there and post your question about the manual.

Here is a link that might be useful: coal forum

o
Be careful

Just how old is this model? Some older stoves can be dangerous. You don't want to take a chance with CM leaking into your home.

That's NOT to say your model is bad but I wouldn't take a chance if it's that old.

In any case, I wish you the best and hope this stove works well for you. Get a carbon monoxide detector.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Renewable Energy Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here