Return to the Renewable Energy Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help with Finding Wood Pellets Please

Posted by donna52 (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 26, 06 at 8:02

Hello Everyone
I need your help please. I have a pellet stove I purchused in WV. I now live in AL and would like to use it again due to the cost of traditional fuel, plus I miss the heat it gives off. Since I am in the south I cannot buy pellets. I do know Home Depot sells them in the north but to get any sent to the local store here I need some Home Depot Store locations and store numbers which sell them. I would appreciate any help.

Thank you in advance

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help with Finding Wood Pellets Please

can't the home depot workers call other stores for you? That is their job isn't it?
Anyways, I live in New York state and EVERY Home Depot I have been in sells pellots. However they are over 6 bucks a bag now there. OUCH! They used to be about 2-3 dollars a bag.

Right now the price of gas is cheaper than using pellots for us. We have a ton from last year so we will use them however we won't be going out to buy more pellots this year.

o

OUCH is right!! I agree it is their jobs but since there is no demand here for the pellets they probably don't even know where to start. Not even a SKU for them here. But thank you much for the info but might have to wait till next year to reinstall in my home to see what the prices are then.

o

I would try PFI on the internet. They are the Pellet Fuel Industry. And I am sure they have info. We love our stove too. I just read more pellet makers are building plants so I hope the price comes down.

o

wow $6 a bag is ridiculus

Anyways, I live in New York state and EVERY Home Depot I have been in sells pellots. However they are over 6 bucks a bag now there. OUCH! They used to be about 2-3 dollars a bag.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Renewable Energy Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here