Return to the Renewable Energy Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cluster Fly Zapper?

Posted by andyf (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 10, 07 at 7:39

I was thinking of how I can rig my outside bug zapper which turned out to be useless to an in house cluster zapper. I'd put it in front of my old south upstairs window where they like to gather in the sun and play trampoline with my plastic film I install to seal the window for the winter(Ha!). We hope to change the window in a couple of years when we get to the upstairs windows.

I would take out the ultra violet light and replace that with a 100 watt clear bulb, then plug the bottom hole with a piece of cardboard. This way the flys can't get in other than by the static grid.

My concern would be bug accumulation in the grid when I'm not home and fire of course as these are meant for the outside, and of course that annoying zit zit.

Mfg cautions aside for the moment, what are the real odds these things are dangerous. I understand all they are is high voltage no current.

AndyF

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cluster Fly Zapper?

well, you can use them indoors jsut fine. changing the bulb would be hard to find a replacement in white or clear. no need to plug the hole, they will come up the bottom as well.

the biggest concern would be that the smell and smoke from them french frying.

i have seen folks use a bug zapper indoors, always with unpleasent results.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Renewable Energy Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here