Return to the Renewable Energy Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
forum activity

Posted by energy_rater_la (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 23, 10 at 14:17

I just remembered that GW had this forum
doesn't get much activity does it?

just thought I'd post and see what happens.
not selling nothing folks..just usually hang
in building, hvac repair & remodel in order
of where I usually am.

it would be good to see more activity here!

best of luck to all.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: forum activity

Hi erl,

I usually do a good bit of lurking at GW and the Home Forums over coffee in the AM, hoping to learn a little something and am occasionally able to offer some help.

I'm a real do-it-yourselfer, whenever possible, so I like reading and learning.

I too am not selling anything but will add that I really like the Solatube I had installed a year ago.

Recently I bought some solar screen to cover my 'regular' flat skylights and it has helped cut the sun, thus the heat, a lot. I'll remove the screen later this fall when the temperature cools down a lot, so I can benefit from the sun, and free heat from it.

chemocurl...aka Sue

o

Hi Sue
nice to meet another diy-er.
and like solatubes also.
what is your general location?

enjoy your weekend!

o

nice to meet another diy-er.
I do it myself (fix, clean, paint) so long as I know I can do it right. I had some tile laid in a good bit of the house earlier this year and I hired that done, but now think I could probably do it myself, after having watched it being done. A friend who does it for a living, did it as a side job, though and gave me a good deal on doing it.

I'm in Indiana and wish the Home Forums showed our location like the Garden Forums do.

Had a great weekend. With help, I finally got my local channels (antennae with amplifier, converter and VCR) all hooked up to the TV after things got disconnected a few weeks ago when I hired the carpets being professionally cleaned (for a change). I'm kind of challenged when it comes to all the wires behind the TV center. I have everything on a surge protector bar that I can easily turn off when not in use.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Renewable Energy Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here