Return to the Renewable Energy Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Insulation in side walls

Posted by scott2006 (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 29, 07 at 6:38

I have a house built in the 60's and only have about R 7 in the side walls ( Cleveland Ohio area). I was thinking about having someone blow in cellulose after I take the siding off for a reside job.

Anyone have any ideas on this or other insulation?
Scott

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Insulation in side walls

For the money in an old house cellulose is the way to go. Cellulose will also help seal air leaks which is very important.

o

Hi Scott I'm in Cleveland too and was thinking about insulating my old house too. Do you have any estimates on the cost of cellulose and are you actually going to remove all of your old siding and replace it?

bryan

o

I priced it 4 years ago and it was about 2k for a 2500 sqft home.

They remove parts of the siding, drill 2" holes, blow in the insulation, patch the hole and replace the siding.

In Mass. the gov't would pay for half up to 1k. Check with various local utilities.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Renewable Energy Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here