Return to the Renewable Energy Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Where should I start...

Posted by atw016_grow (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 14, 06 at 21:30

I have a 1000 square foot home. What renewable energy project should I start with? By the way, I need a new roof!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Where should I start...

Where are you located ?

o

If your roof is well built you could easily make it a green roof. buy some firestone 45 mill EDPM and glue it to the Plywood or OSB (with most of our OSB going to Iraq its about the same price as plywood in most places, so if you are building build with plywood which outgasses less and requires less glue and is stronger and longer lasting and lighter and more water resistant) Also you could look into wood heating with Rocket stove, and solar hot water, and in warm areas planting Fast growing vines on the south side of your house, grapes are nice, so are hops. Also, if you have some land planting some black locust would be a good way to heat your house. Black locust grows quickly and is a dense wood that produces alot of heat.

o

If you don't have double paned windows they are a great investment for energy savings and retail value. After you do the roof, of course!

Jan

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Renewable Energy Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here