Return to the Renewable Energy Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Quote for Spray Open Cell Insulation

Posted by foodeefish (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 10, 10 at 19:41

I am having Open Cell insulation sprayed in our home we are building. The House will be 2500 Sqr feet with an attached 2 Car Garage. The estimate is $15,000 to do the house.

I am also having built a 20 x20 ManCave 50 yards away as a separate building. Would it not be more cost effective for the insulation installer to spray Open Cell in the ManCave as well while he is there, versus having them roll pink insulation?

I am figuring if they have the equipment already there, the labor would be so much less. Is the actual Spray Foam itself that costly?

Thnx

Mark

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Quote for Spray Open Cell Insulation

It depends on who is doing it. They might give you a deal and might not. You should be able to calculate the cost of insulating it yourself fairly easily and go off that taking into consideration their equipment and man hours.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Renewable Energy Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here