Return to the Renewable Energy Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
electric water pump died ... thinking solar

Posted by bigeasyjock (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 22, 05 at 16:34

So the old ... like 15 year old pump ... has gone out. I have told my self when this event occured I would look into going solar. Soooooooo who has a solar powered water pump and what type of storage system are you using?
I have though on using a trickle pump/tank system and using gravity to create the needed water pressure within the house. Only problem I'd have with that is the needed elevation for the storage tank. I'd really have to go with a tower and the tank on top and that may well be beyond me financially.
Any thoughts are most welcome and tell me what you have set up too.
Thanks Mike

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: electric water pump died ... thinking solar

Thanks Gary. Thats some good info on your site for sure :o0

And yes this is a well, pie in ground type. I'll be moving the water some 50 yards (an estimate) from the pump/tank area to the house. This is a two person household; just me and my wife. I will also need it for general garden use till I can get gutters on and another storage tank for that built. I do also am plumbing the house to capture and distribute all grey water. I'll be using a composting system for the toilet so no black water to speak of.

Thanks again for the link.
Mike

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Renewable Energy Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here