Return to the Renewable Energy Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
best options for Geothermal

Posted by vmcmahon (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 5, 05 at 11:55

What are the top manufacturers of these units. I have already spoken with waterfurnace and would like to try and Talk with another one or two companies to try and decide who to go with. What companies have people used and are happy with - or more importantly what companies would you recommend i stay away from.

thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: best options for Geothermal

We're using a Climatemaster, and we're quite happy with it. I suspect there are a few good manufacturers, and I would place more trust in those who have manufactured the most units. It may be even more important to find an HVAC contractor (and HVAC designer) who has extensive experience with geothermal. The more units they have installed, the better.

o
RE: best options for Geothermal

We live in Montreal, Canada where the seasonal weather can be and very often is - EXTREME. We have a Nordic DX geothermal heat pump. Its been running now for 2 years - like magic!

I recommend it highly and without hesitation. Just change the filter regularly and youre done.

Our energy savings have surpassed even our most optimistic projections even with keeping the house 2 degrees warmer!

Comparing heating costs with other homeowners invariably leaves them stunned, amazed and sometimes angered.

Three years ago, when we were planning this conversion many people laughed at how much it was going to cost. Now, with todays energy prices, no one seems to be laughing anymore. Well, thats not altogether true. Sometimes we do!

SR

Here is another link you may find useful:

http://how-efficient-is-it-magazine.com

Here is a link that might be useful: Maritime Geothermal

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Renewable Energy Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here