Return to the Renewable Energy Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Solar Thermal

Posted by doogan123 (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 24, 08 at 22:39

I have 2 questions. The first for any local folks out there.. the second is up for grabs for anyone.. :)

I there anyone in southern NY State that has Solar thermal for hot water. IF so - Who did you use and what was your experience?

What are the better makes of solar panels out there that people have had installed?

I am definatly going to install solar thermal and am currently meeting installers - however i would love to get some feedback

thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Solar Thermal

not from NY but I have Heliodyne brand flat collectors and am very happy with them, they are know as the cadilac of solar collectors. Some people say the evacuated tubes are better but Home Power magazine a few moths ago they tested many makes and models of collectors and the data said flat panels are a little better and usually cheaper.
Go to your library and check out lots of old copies of home power

also to to builditsolar.com as Gary has put toether a great site with lots of info

gary

Here is a link that might be useful: build it solar

o
RE: Solar Thermal

thanks

is there anywhere that reviews thermal collectors?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Renewable Energy Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here