Return to the Renewable Energy Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Wind Power Stops Blowing

Posted by mepop (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 22, 10 at 17:24

This was probably this biggest chance Ive seen to move to alternative energy on a mass scale for America. Well T. Boone Pickens just did a major reversal with his wind/natural gas power plans and now its just natural gas. Mr. Boones big wind power plans are history.

Apparently the wind power was just too expensive and natural gas is so cheap. Another example of why alternative energy for home owners is having such a difficult time. Too bad, I was looking forward to this!

http://spectator.org/archives/2010/07/22/the-natural-gas-man

http://www.businessinsider.com/t-boone-pickens-gives-up-on-wind-power-2010-7

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Wind Power Stops Blowing

> ... natural gas is so cheap ...

Just wait. ;-)

o

Ok, Ill wait and wait and wait. If something changes, Ill act upon it. Until then, I wont waste my life staring at a broken watch waiting for it to be right.

David, maybe you dont realize it but thats the attitude that turns people off with this issue. It makes you look like a fanatic environmental nut and most people run away from that. Just my 2 cents.

o

I am not an expert on this subject by any stretch of the imagination. In considering the two types of energy objectively it seems to me that the wind is free and gas costs. As the government looks to pay it's bills, the taxes on gas will rise. The gas suppliers will pass this increase on. And on. And on.

Striving toward self-sufficiency is not a wasted effort. But it is a personal choice.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Renewable Energy Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here