Return to the Renewable Energy Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Rainwater Harvesting

Posted by Larry35 (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 13, 13 at 16:40

My property is flooded with water, and, I have no place to divert it to.. (the street behind, and downstream, is just a paved over alley, with no storm drains) after I divert the rain water away from the house, it floods the garage.. the sill boards in the garage are rotted, and need to be replaced. City water is metered, and sold to me at .035 cents per gallon. Harvesting rainwater and using it, will GET RID of the rainwater I have no place to divert, and pay for itself, over a period of years. HOWEVER: I've yet to find any detailed information, or a contractor (locally) who can assist me in designing and installing a system. it seems that there is just too much water in the area, for any interest in this, beyond a simple rain barrel setup, too water a garden. any ideas? thank you in advance!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Rainwater Harvesting

Do you irrigate your lawn, although I doubt it given your description.

Rainwater harvesting is more popular (usually out of necessity) in areas where water is not as plentiful.

I doubt that it will make economic sense to process the water and create a finished capacity that is suitable for usage.

Some municipalities allow for grey water applications but separating the systems out is an expensive undertaking unless done in the design phase.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Renewable Energy Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here