Return to the Renewable Energy Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Using outdoor woodstoves to lower heat costs

Posted by burn2788 (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 9, 07 at 16:19

We have seven woodstoves on our farm and we love all the money we are saving. We use the wood stoves to heat our buildings, home, genorator, pool, and water. The woodstoves allowed us to stop using propane all together. Also the woodstoves do not need a lot of wood and don't require constant fillings. We own a woodmaster, three johnson's and three Wood Doctor woodstoves. We beleive the Wood Doctor performs the best and will be installing another one for the new barn. If you would like to learn more go to http://www.badgerpallet.com.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Using outdoor woodstoves to lower heat costs

Outdoor wood boilers are banned in many areas because many of them are very inefficient, and pollution/smoke is a problem. People also burn all sorts of garbage in them since they're outdoors.

Most outdoor wood boilers don't come close to the efficiency or longevity the Dectra Garn units.

I have to laugh when I see all the displays at fairs, and sales/installation outfits advertising free heat as a marketing strategy. The installed prices of the highly efficient outdoor wood boilers, and highly efficient wood gasification boilers are quite high.

If I were concerned about using renewable energy, I'd be looking at a wood gasification wood boiler, or a pellet boiler. The europeans have some wood, multi-fuel and pellet burning equipment that make some of our hillbilly engineered systems look like toys.

Here is a link that might be useful: Garn Wood Boiler

o
RE: Using outdoor woodstoves to lower heat costs

I'm not 100% sure, but my guess is that Burn2788 is selling those furnaces. Perhaps that's why he dredged up a bunch of old, dead threads (some of them were last active over a year ago), and posted links to his website on them.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Renewable Energy Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here