Return to the Renewable Energy Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My Renewable Resource

Posted by christopherh (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 21, 13 at 8:16

Time to get the firewood split for the coming winter. A real renewable resource for warmth here in northern New England.

A modern EPA rated woodstove is my primary heat source and I'll use about 3 cords in an average winter. And it works just fine during a blizzard or power outage.

I have oil as backup and last year my total heating costs were under $400.

But the best thing about the woodstove is that sometimes that fire is a lot more entertaining than what's on TV today!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My Renewable Resource

I am trying to get my chimney built this year for just that reason.

o
RE: My Renewable Resource

christopherh, I agree with about TV. I canceled my cable TV and my land line phone last year and saved over $100. a month. I have bought a few movies and some series with the money I save and no commercials. LOL

I have books, movies and music, what else does anyone need....well maybe the PC.

This post was edited by EmmaR on Wed, Sep 4, 13 at 9:37

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Renewable Energy Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here