Return to the Renewable Energy Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Vapor Barrier

Posted by ellford (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 29, 06 at 1:05

I removed the top 1ft of drywall on an exterior wall as the old owners had done some crazy stuff. In doing so, I had to cut the vapor barrier.

I've attached a new vapor barrier to this 1ft area and stapled it to the studs, but do I somehow have to tape/attach my new vapor barrier to the existing one that is on the rest of the wall? Or will the slightest gap between these two make little to no difference?

I'd hate to have to rip the drywall off of this one wall just to put up a solid vapor barrier on it if I don't have to.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Vapor Barrier

You should be all right with it the way it is. I'd go with it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Renewable Energy Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here