Return to the Renewable Energy Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tankless Water Heater-Please Help

Posted by g8rgrad98 (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 14, 07 at 16:39

I searched for other threads and posted another about this, but I haven't found or recvd any feedback yet. Our gas tank water heater died and our home warranty approved $750 towards the replacement. I only need a small water heater here, since the dishwasher and washer (Bosch 700, which has a built in heater also) are all that run off of it.

What brand(s) are solid? The plumber pushed Renai, but I've heard of others as being decent...please share!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tankless Water Heater-Please Help

Try searching for reviews on Epinions.com. They have 21 reviews of the Aquastar 125B, for example.

o

Hi,
In addition to the two mentioned above, Takagi is a well respected brand.

http://www.takagi.com/index.asp

If you ever plan to add solar water heating, be sure to get a tankless that will automatically modulate its flame to add only as much heat as is needed to get the water up to temperature. All three of these brands offer models that do this.

Gary

Here is a link that might be useful: Tankless water heater

o

Check your gas supply system before investing in a tankless for a retrofit. Many whole house type tankless water heaters require a gas supply nearly equal to your furnace and in many cases the existing gas system is not sufficient to meet the demand.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Renewable Energy Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here