Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ives44

Help in deciding what options on Geothermo

ives44
18 years ago

We are going to have a new home built this year. I'd like to go with Geothermo heating. I got a qoute and would like some input to what the company is offering me for the price they are charging.The home is approx. 2100 sq.ft. Should I go with the water heater to heat the floors. Or have the geothermal system do it? Is it worth the extra $1300.00?All of this stuff is new to me.

Install WaterFurnace E-Series (modelno.E306) This is a 3 ton unit with dual Capacity. The blower is an ECM motor. The umit will have a 10 KW electric resistance heater, and a hot water generator to assist the domestic hot water heater.

Install one 300 foot horizontal ground loop In the front yard. This includes the following:

One 300 foot traditional 6 pipe horiszontal closed earth loop with tracer wire for future locating.

Mount pump kit.

Core drill for penetrations.

Seal penetration.

Install & insulate indoor pipe.

Make all loop connections & flush loop with 20% methanol.

Test loop for any leaks.

Loop & foundation penetration has 10 yr. warranty.

The house will have 17 supplies throughout the house & 7 return air grills. The basement will have 4 supplies ran out from the trunk line in the basement. A return will be roughed in for future finished basement.One thermostat in the house will control the geothermo system. Thw unit will have a de super heater for domestic hot water. This proposal includes all registers, 3 bdrm vents & 1 drier vent no longer than 35 Ft. Total price $19,425.

Options.

If you add radiant floor heat to the basement add $2.50 per sq. ft.This would include insulation, tubing & pressurizing the system.

If you add radiant floor heat to the great rm area & kitchen add $2.25 per sq. ft. This does not include insulation. It does include the tubing, fasteners, Pressure testing & labor.

If you would like to replace the E Series water furnace with a Synergy 3 Water Furnace to heat the radiant floors add $5000.00. This would include buffer tank, manifold, controls, & start up the system. This will control both or either system.

If you would like to install a water heater to heat the radiant floors instead of the geothermal unit add $3700.00 This will control both or either system.

Comment (1)

Sponsored
MAC Design + Build
Average rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudon County Full-Service Design/Build Firm & Kitchen Remodeler